loader image

Search for

Carnet de Passage (Trip Ticket)

It is an international customs document which covers the temporary admission of motor vehicles, issued by the Alliance Internationale de Tourism and the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (AIT/FIA) in accordance with the provisions of the UN customs conventions on the temporary importation of motor vehicles of 1954 and 1956.
The use of CPD (Trip Ticket) grants temporary admission without payment of customs duty to the vehicles registered in Saudi Arabia when travelling to other countries for a temporary period, subject to re-exportation of the vehicle from the visited country at the end of the period. (Not required for entry in countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council).

The Saudi Automobile and Touring Association (SATA), an active member of the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) since 1982, is authorized to issue the AIT/FIA customs documents (CPD) which is internationally recognized and accepted.

Issued For

  1. Vehicles registered under personal name
  2. Vehicles registered under a company name
  3. Heavy vehicles (Bus and Truck)

Eligibility Criteria

  1. Vehicles must have a valid registration card (valid for one year) minimum
  2. Applicant must have a valid Saudi National ID or  Iqama
  3. Must possess National Valid Driving License (one-year validity) minimum

Documents Required

  1. Passport copy( information page)
  2. Saudi Driving License copy
  3. Vehicle Registration copy
  4. National ID or Iqama copy

List of Countries accepting CPD

Refer attached list of countries

Obtain CPD in Saudi Arabia

At SATA Head Office & Branch Offices

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, on a temporary basis you can travel to any country by your car from KSA, provided that you should posses Carnet de Passage(CPD) Trip Ticket from saudi clubs except in GCC you don’t need it .

The validity of the book is one year from the date of issuance and can be extended for another year after approval of the customs and the guarantor club in the country in which the vehicle is located and after the extension is approved by the issuing club

As CPD comes with unique serial numbers, reprinting of the lost or damaged CPD is unfortunately not possible, whereas a new CPD shall be issued upon request and settlement of actual fees

It is possible to travel to across the Globe, except countries (Iran – Iraq – Pakistan – Libya)

No, CPD does not cover the Int’l motor insurance, but you may request saudi club to arrange for it with additional cost.

It is mandatory to return the vehicle to KSA before the CPD expires, unless CPD renewal request is accepted and validity is extended by Saudi Clubs.

Notify the customs authorities where the vechicle is located and obtain a certificate indicating that the customs duties are weither paid or waived off. Any way you should Return the CPD to the issued club along with the certificate.

Yes, CPD covers the customs duties & taxes of a temporarly imported heavy mechinaries, with a purpose of re export after the intented project completion.

No, the CPD allows two additional names to be included and only those people can drive your car in abroad.

You can request the saudi club with the names of your first degree relatives, along with their valid passport and driving license copy.

Yes, It is mandatory to return the used CPD along with respective customs’ declarations, to the issued saudi club In order to avoid exposure to any legal issues or customs claims that may arise from the countries visited